Unit4, a cloud leader in people-based software, today announced strong financial results, organic growth and record customer wins for the fourth quarter of the fiscal year 2019. Total bookings hit 14% YoY growth and cloud bookings YoY growth was 20%. Cloud subscription revenue grew 25% in 2019 to $92.2m (€83.6m), with 27% growth in Q4. Total revenue increased by 5% to $412.8m (€372.2m).
Unit4 provides people-centric enterprise cloud applications for ERP and HCM, primarily to mid-market service sector organizations. In the last year the company has undergone significant change following the appointment of Mike Ettling as CEO in April 2019, with a revitalized leadership team in post, bringing a strong cloud pedigree.
This includes the appointments of James Shand (ex SuccessFactors) as Global Head of Cloud Transformation, Chris Richards (ex Workday) as UK and Ireland Regional President, Andrew (Andy) Brockhoff (ex Anaplan & SuccessFactors) as North America President, Billy O’Riordan (ex AppDynamics) as Senior Vice President, Professional Services, and Beata Wright (ex Ultimate Software) as EVP/Global Head of Partner Ecosystems.
Unit4 also completed the acquisition of Intuo, a fast-growing provider of engagement and talent enablement solutions. It was named a ‘Hot Company to Watch in 2020’ by Nucleus Research.
Thomas Dechilly, CTO at Galileo Global Education "Scaling our education network will be a significant undertaking, especially given the competitive landscape we operate in. Moving fast will be critical and we are confident Unit4’s market leading student system will support a differentiated offering to us as we embark on this journey"
Mike Ettling, Unit4 CEO said “Our business is undergoing a radical transformation and with that comes our ambition to be a world leader in people focused technology. 2019 has been transformational. We’ve renewed our leadership, invested in our people, refreshed our brand, and mapped out our values - defining what we stand for and how we can add value to our customers. 2020 is a critical year for us, not least because we want to accelerate our transition to the cloud and address people productivity holistically in every organization we partner with. Put simply we want to put rocket boosters on our growth plans and achieve some great things this year"
Gordon Stuart, CFO at Unit4 added “Q4 2019 was a record quarter for Unit4 - both for SaaS and License, and for both new and existing business. Bookings are up significantly, and we are seeing growth in our core vertical markets. Overall profitability is very healthy. It’s imperative that we build on this performance for the year ahead - targeting our growth firmly at mid-market, people focused organizations.”
 Based on unaudited financial accounts. Excludes results from Unit4 Bedrijfssoftware B.V., a company serving the accountancy, SME and payroll markets in the Benelux.
Moving fast will be critical and we are confident Unit4’s market leading student system will support a differentiated offering to us as we embark on this journey"Thomas Dechilly, CTO at Galileo Global Education
"Put simply we want to put rocket boosters on our growth plans and achieve some great things this year"Mike Ettling, CEO
"Overall profitability is very healthy. It’s imperative that we build on this performance for the year ahead - targeting our growth firmly at mid-market, people focused organizations.”Gordon Stuart, CFO at Unit4
Significant customer success in the fourth quarter included:
- RSM, a $5.7bn multi-national network of accounting firms forming the fifth largest accountancy professional services network in the world, has extended its cooperation with Unit4 to support more than 4,000 consultants working in its global consulting practice with Unit4 PSA Suite.
- LoopMe, an international marketing advisory with offices in the UK, US and Hungary, is using Intuo by Unit4 for performance, engagement and learning throughout the business.
- Galileo Global Education is Europe’s largest education group. Through its network of 42 schools, the group is present in over 40 campuses in 10 countries around the world and has over 100,000 enrolled students. Galileo selected Unit4 Student Management for 100,000+ students as its SaaS platform for global growth and expansion.
- Expleo, a trusted partner for end-to-end, integrated engineering, quality services and management consulting for digital transformation, will benefit from Unit4 Business World PSO capabilities across country operations.
- MCIS Life, a proud member of South African-based Sanlam Group and a leading life insurer based in Malaysia, has selected Unit4 Prosoft to streamline and automate core HR operations via a single, unified platform. Combined with the HR planning and analytics capabilities in Unit4 Prevero, the life insurer will derive insights to support strategic decision making across the company.
- Stichting SBOH, a non-profit organization specialized in medical training, has selected Business World to provide an integrated SaaS platform for finance, HR and payroll.
- Logan University in Missouri, which is ranked as one of the top chiropractic colleges in the US, has chosen Unit4’s Student Management, Business World ERP and Prevero FP&A solutions.
Unit4’s next-generation enterprise software supports our customers in delivering an exceptional People Experience to their customers – from students and professionals to the public servants and non-profits doing good in the world. Unit4 transforms work to be more meaningful and inspiring through software that’s self-driving, adaptive and intuitive, intelligently automating administrative tasks and providing easy access to the answers people need. Unit4 works with people the way people work.