Unit4, a fast growing leader in enterprise applications for service organizations, today released a new self-driving version of its Travel & Expenses system, helping customers improve employee engagement through simple to use, intuitive technology.
Unit4 designed the solution in response to research findings it published in December, 2015, which uncovered that poor expense claim processes have a negative impact on employee engagement, to the extent that many do not always claim back expenses they have incurred. This leaves a hole in people’s pockets of more than $15.5 billion every year (based on data from nine countries).
By combining predictive analytics with a context based user experience and process automation elements the system becomes self-driving. All employees have to do is photograph or email their receipts, and the system will do the rest.
- Expenses are uploaded and categorized in the system with a single click from any device, ready for approval.
- Relevant receipt information is identified by the Unit4 Receipt Recognition Service, so receipts are automatically categorized and added to the right expense report.
- Google Maps integration makes it simple to add mileage claims. Once calculated, distances are automatically populated showing the user how much they get back.
- New Machine Learning functionality means that over time, the system learns the user’s travel preferences and pre-populates expense items for quick review on the go.
- CFOs benefit from 24/7 accurate data, predictable cash flows and full transparency of outstanding expense claims and costs, while keeping employees happy with a simple process and prompt reimbursement.
The first customer live on the system is Bouvet, a Norwegian consulting firm. With an ambition to cultivate the most satisfied employees, it was named one of the best companies to work for by the Great Place to Work Institute in 2015 and 2016.
“The nature of professional services means we have a very mobile workforce whose time is literally money,” said Remi Øvstebø, Bouvet. “We wanted to make their lives easier, support them to focus on their customers and improve the situation for the finance team. The new mobile experience and functionality in the Unit4 system excited our people from the start. Its ability to self-drive and self-learn means no more paper, postage, manual input, signing and handling. We expect to achieve approximately a cumulative two-year savings of employees’ time annually.”
"We expect to achieve approximately a cumulative two-year savings of employees’ time annually.”Remi Øvstebø, Bouvet
“Poor management of expense claims is a very serious issue as our research shows. People make a company successful and engaged employees are proven to outperform those that aren’t,” said Erik Tiden, Chief Technology Officer at Unit4. “All our systems are built with people in mind. They want simple, intuitive technology that makes their working lives easier and this is what we’re delivering with our latest Travel and Expenses system. We’re giving customers technology that empowers the workforce saving them time and money; a system that will dramatically improve the expense management process for their people and the finance department.”