At a glance
Unit4 Financials (formerly Coda Financials) is an award-winning suite of global accounting and broader financial management applications, including:
- General Ledger
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Fixed Assets
- Project Accounting
- Spend Management.
It enables organisations to streamline and automate their finance processes, embed best-practice and improve business visibility, compliance and corporate governance.
It also gives you complete freedom of choice and ongoing business agility, by integrating easily and flexibly with your other key business systems – without affecting them, or being affected, when individual applications need to be changed or replaced.
Unit4 Financials – a best-in-class accounting solution for the Office of the CFO, delivering unrivaled interoperability.
A better solution
Unit4 Financials (formerly Coda Financials) delivers real-time financial visibility and control across an organisation’s people, processes and IT systems.
- Delivering better efficiency, consistency and accuracy
Unit4 Financials is the world’s original unified-ledger, global accounting system. Unlike modular systems, the financial data for your various ledgers is held within one combined database, updated in real time, without needing reconciliation. That can deliver cost savings of over 50% and ensures you always have the true picture of your organisation’s financial position.
- Handling the most complex challenges
Our solution’s “single instance, multi-everything” approach not only creates a single version of the truth but also provides the complete flexibility and scalability to cope with: complex structures; local accounting needs and practices; and international trading, whether in a dispersed or centralised, shared services environment.
- Minimizing compliance risks
It helps CFOs to overcome mounting regulatory pressures by enabling end-to-end compliance across a wide range of regulatory regimes, for example: Sarbanes-Oxley, multiple GAAPs and IFRS. It also provides a platform in which business systems can be added, kept or changed without losing control or increasing the risk of non-compliance.
- Safeguarding business agility
Unit4 Financials has an innovative and unique architecture that provides unrivalled integration and interoperability. So you can combine our great accounting solution with all the specific operational applications you need, to deliver the best functional coverage and to work seamlessly together – even when changes are needed.
- Delivering better efficiency, consistency and accuracy
Cloud Your Way
Our unique Cloud Your Way design empowers your team to move solutions in whole or in part between public cloud, private cloud and on-premises deployment. You achieve compliance and security as you control what goes on the cloud and when it gets there. That is the power of Business World’s Cloud Your Way.
The solution that we deliver has the same functional depth, no matter how you choose to deploy it.
“We recognised that to meet the demands invoice processing placed on the team, we’d need to add significantly to headcount. Rather than just increase headcount to cope, we wanted a better way of capturing and approving invoices. We also wanted to eliminate other types of paper handling and make cost savings and productivity gains.”
Richard Shoteh, Finance Systems & Compliance Manager, Screwfix
"We believe that Unit4 has delivered an easy-to-use product that has demonstrated its ability to grow and adapt with our business."
- P2P Stream Lead at Avis Europe
Unit4 Financials works seamlessly with your other essential systems, giving you real-time financial visibility and control - even in the most diverse, complex or fast-changing enterprises.
A unique foundation for visibility, interoperability and control
Unit4 Financials was designed to put better financial management at the heart of organisations with fast-changing and mixed application environments.
Its unique underlying architecture enables this in three key ways:
- Its single financial model allows changes to be made efficiently in one, real-time single ledger system (no reconciliation required), yet its multi-dimensional structure enables infinite ways to classify, measure and analyse data, regardless of complexity; for the best possible visibility.
- Interoperability is built in, by exposing all accounting functionality, business logic and financial validation as standard web services, allowing you to easily connect this data with your other core applications.
- An end-to-end control framework makes processes more visible, repeatable and auditable, enabling complete control and continual compliance across all systems.
Accounting for change
Whether it is caused by a re-organisation, merger, acquisition or new line of business, the costs of adapting financial
systems for ongoing change are significant and can have a major strategic impact. Our solutions deliver the support for dynamic organisations to embrace most forms of business change themselves – without intervention from IT experts and super users; simply, quickly and cost effectively.
Understanding and meeting your needs
No matter how demanding or complex your requirements, Unit4 Financials rises to the challenge. It delivers the “multi-everything” (country, company, currency, language, deployment) capabilities that you need, so that you can both meet specific local accounting requirements and maintain global consistency, visibility and control.
Single ledger, multi-dimensional accounting
With Unit4 Financials, you gain the most flexible, scalable single financial modeling structure on the market. It provides infinite ways to classify, measure, and analyse your business (enabling each line of business to monitor profitability the way it needs to), yet still provides a single reporting model or ledger that is always in balance.
Best-in-class focus and agility
Unit4 Financials’ outstanding integration and interoperability enable you to easily connect best-in-class applications, of all types, in a federated approach using our web services. This allows you to concentrate on adding value to your specialised systems, while simultaneously benefiting from the very best in financial management solutions and a range of other dedicated solutions from Unit4 to complement and extend your solution.
The Unit4 Financials suite covers the full range of an organisation’s core financial management requirements, its real-time unified ledger gives the finance team unparalleled support and rich functionality, including the following main areas:
- Accounting – as the original single-ledger, global accounting solution, Unit4 Financials is a modern and multi-everything accounting system for even the most diverse or complex enterprise requirements.
- Budgeting, planning & forecasting – we’ve combined the flexibility of our financial model with the familiarity and convenience of Microsoft® Excel®, to streamline the seeding, preparation, fine-tuning and production of budgets.
- Integration & web services – Unit4 Financials’ IT architecture is second to none, using techniques such as web services and XML to provide secure, real-time integration to your other operational systems.
- Interoperability – companies can no longer compromise, they need great operational applications and great financial systems. This best-in-class interoperability has been a hallmark of Unit4 Financials from its very beginnings.
- Process & control automation – the solution includes integrated workflow and a powerful control management framework, which ties other systems, manual processes and authorisations into a single, visible and auditable process flow.
- Reporting & analysis – it provides the vital foundation of a robust, flexible information model and an array of reporting tools to help all your different users report on, model and analyse your business – in the ways that they need.
- Spend management – Unit4 Financials’ end-to-end spend management helps establish controls and consolidate purchasing activity, and enables you to harness the full buying power of the organisation.
- Supported platforms & languages – Unit4 Financials co-exists well with other applications, without imposing a particular technology or architecture. It also enables simultaneous multi-lingual access to the same, single finance system.
Here is a selection of our case studies and for further information please complete the form opposite to receive our brochure and white papers for Unit4 Financials.
- Retail – Jordan’s Furniture
Unit4 Financials cloud deployment solution provides retail market leader with a new finance system that sets foundation for growth.
- Retail – Reitan Convenience
Unit4 Financials’ high level of systems integration support has significantly reduced Reitan’s administrative burden, enabling it to focus on increasing market share.
- Shared Services – Avis Europe
Avis Europe has chosen Unit4 for the core financial accounting solution used in its shared services center in Budapest to serve operations across Europe.
- Transport & Logistics – Pacific International Lines
Unit4 Financials provides key performance data instantly across the entire organization, so the company can optimize profitability and competitiveness.