50 Twitter Accounts That Every CFO Should Follow
Posted by Mark Baars
As a CFO, you probably don't have much time to spare for surfing social media. But what if you were one "@" or hashtag away from a world of financial information? Create your own personal CFO digest by following these useful Twitter accounts. Each Twitter handle is followed by the official Twitter account description.
CFO Journals & Publications
1. @cfo CFO.com: Publishing news for finance executives for more than 30 years.
2. @CFOedge Arthur Rothberg: We create, grow & sustain value by delivering CFO services -- the exact expertise in just the time needed -- to solve financial problems.
3. @CFOLeader The CFO Leader Council: is the premier networking and education group for senior finance executives.
4. @CIOJournal CIO Journal: News, analysis and data for technology executives, powered by editors from The Wall Street Journal.
5. @crunchbase CrunchBase: is the leading platform to discover innovative companies and the people behind them.
6. @GlobalCPAReport Global CPA Report: Delivering the world's accounting news to your inbox, the Global CPA Report is a weekly e-newsletter from the American Institute of CPAs.
7. @TheCFOAlliance The CFO Alliance: An exclusive community of CFOs, senior finance leaders & experts who share their experience, knowledge & wisdom.
8. @HRIQ Human Resources IQ: HRIQ Twitter account is meant for discussion and interaction on key HR topics, challenges and solutions.
9. @IASeminars IA Seminars: Specialists in international accounting seminars (IFRS, US GAAP, IPSAS) and other financial training events worldwide.
10. @ProcureCon ProcureCon Events: Keep #procurement relevant amidst changes in the economy & corporate focus. Share, learn, network & benchmark.
International Financial News
1. @BBCWorld BBC News (World): Where we live the story.
2. @cnni CNN International: Breaking news from around the world.
3. @GoldmanSachs Goldman Sachs: Follow us for the latest in global and local economic progress, firm news, and thought leadership content.
4. @IBTimes Intl. Business Times: Real-time news, intelligence and analysis on the forces reshaping the global and national economies.
5. @PDChina People's Daily, China: The largest newspaper group in China.
6. @planetmoney NPR's Planet Money: Your global economy, explained.
7. @tarapalmeri Tara Palmeri: Politico Europe reporter & Playbook Plus columnist.
8. @TheAtlantic The Atlantic: Politics, culture, business, science, technology, health, education, global affair, more.
9. @TheEconomist The Economist: News and analysis with a global perspective.
10. @VentureBeat Venture Beat: Tech news that matters.
Business of Money
1. @business Bloomberg Business: The first word in business news.
2. @chartoftheday Business Insider Chart of the Day: The best charts from @businessinsider, @themoneygame, @sai, @clusterstock, and @BI_sports.
3. @CMEGroup CME: The world's most diverse financial marketplace made up of CME, CBOT, NYMEX, COMEX and KCBT.
4. @CNNMoney CNN Money: The money news that matters most to you.
5. @FANewsdesk Financial Adviser: Financial Adviser's newsdesk team, bringing you in-depth analysis and breaking news from the world of finance.
6. @FinancialTimes Financial Times: Headlines from the FT.
7. @FinancialXpress Financial Express: A complete up-to-date source for business news, finance news, stock market news, economy and financial news online.
8. @Forbes Forbes: Homepage for the world's business leaders.
9. @PIMCO PIMCO: Follow us for insights on economies, markets and investing.
10. @wef World Economic Forum: The international organization for public private cooperation. Follow us for research, insight and analysis on global issues. Annual Meeting hashtag: #wef
Technology, Law & Management
1. @BankingLaw Financial Law News: Latest legal and regulatory developments in financial services. Covers: SEC, Dodd-Frank, CFPB, compliance, FINRA, the EU, other banking matters.
2. @businessinsider Business Insider: What you need to know.
3. @CInsight Corporate Insight: is the leading provider of digital user experience research and consulting to the financial services, healthcare and higher ed industries.
4. @DeloitteRisks Deloitte & Touche: Risk insights from Deloitte & Touche LLP. Powering performance through risk - Strategic, Operational, Regulatory and Compliance, Technology and Financial
5. @HarvardBiz Harvard Business Review: Improving the practice of management.
6. @KeiserReport Keiser Report: The Most Dangerous People in Financial Media and Most Watched Financial News & Opinion Show in the World.
7. @RA_Insights Research Affiliates: Home of Research Affiliates and #RobArnott. Follow our research and commentaries on financial markets, asset allocation, and #smartbeta investing.
8. @SNLFinancial SNL Financial: Reliable, timely & relevant financial data, news & analytics on the banking sector across the globe.
9. @techinsider Tech Insider: Innovation, tech, digital culture, science.
10. @WSJ Wall Street Journal: Breaking news and features from the WSJ.
Banking and Foreign Exchange
1. @bankofcanada The Bank of Canada: is the nation's central bank. We have responsibilities for Canada's monetary policy, bank notes, financial system, and funds management.
2. @bankofengland Bank of England: As the UK's central bank we work to ensure low inflation, trust in banknotes and a stable financial system.
3. @Bank_of_Japan Bank of Japan: It provides updates on new releases and, when necessary, as in cases of emergency, communicates the Bank's messages.
4. @ecb European Central Bank: is the central bank for Europe's single currency, the euro. Its main task is to maintain the euro's purchasing power.
5. @USTreasury US Treasury Department: Executive agency responsible for promoting economic prosperity and ensuring financial security of U.S.
6. @ForexLive Forex Live: The fastest forex news and analysis. The trusted source for everything in the world of foreign exchange, central banking and economic news.
7. @Investingcom Investing.com: News, analysis, tools, charts and quotes for the global financial markets - all in one place.
8. @INETeconomics The Institute: Inspiring the economics profession to engage the vital social and economic challenges of the 21st century.
9. @IFLR_online International Financial Law Review: Market insight, deal analysis and musings from the team behind International #Financial Law Review - the trusted source on financial markets #law.
10. @RiskRegulator Global Risk Regulator: covers the latest thinking of regulators and participants in the banking, insurance and securities industries.
And for the latest solutions for all of your ERP, accounting, business and financial software systems needs, follow us here or type @Unit4Global on Twitter. With these 51 Twitter accounts, you'll always be in the know.