Staying Connected with Your People is Job One
Keeping your people connected and engaged during times of uncertainty is now more important than ever. Where and how work is getting done has changed overnight which can challenge your ability to connect, understand and take action.
At Unit4, much of our workforce is facing similar changes - remote work is the new normal, video conference calls are taking place at kitchen tables across the globe, and children requiring home school support, given recent closures, is becoming a daily need. Like you, these employees are trying to carefully balance the needs of their family with how their work gets done. As a father of three children, my situation is not so different - the “new normal” became just “normal” within a few days. Some days are difficult especially when answering many tough questions to children too young to understand.
This new reality has also ushered in feelings of isolation, vulnerability, and, in some cases, anxiety about an uncertain future. As a company, our top priority is the health and safety of people -- our employees and their families as well as our customers, partners, and communities.
Here are a few things we’re doing to help make their daily work easier and to ensure that our employees can try to maintain a work/life balance:
- Using video conferencing in our daily work and sharing daily tips and tricks with our people to help them work effectively from home.
- Making sure mandatory breaks are scheduled so that people don’t overwork which is easy to do when your home is also your office.
- Keeping people connected remains a top priority through the use of tools like chat, communities and online forums -- knowing how people are feeling, that they are OK, and their families are OK is a must.
- Online fitness sessions, interest group meetings and coffee chats are being integrated into our daily routine across the global business.
- Leveraging our own employee engagement platform to help our leaders in keeping a pulse on our people, understanding how they are feeling about topical subjects, and taking action based on what the feedback and data is telling us
We’re also a business who puts ideas into action. And with that, we’re offering Unit4 customers as well as those we hope will soon be customers a free six-month subscription to our Intuo employee engagement platform. We can help you keep a pulse on your teams with easy-to-deploy pulse surveys and advanced insights. If you’re interested in learning more, let us know. Here’s a link to give you more information on how you can get started.